Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week of May 21 to May 27

SUNDAY

Took Hud to the park. He played for 40 minutes with Winston, a pointer

Went to Atalaya Mountain after. 7 miles with 1,781' and a lot of pleasant people


Week ending Sunday May 27
Hudson gets no credit for running even though he played at the park for over 100 minutes. He does not care
Chris 37.9 miles with 3,601' with a 10K race and one summit



SATURDAY

Day off for Hud

Today was the Santa Fe Run Around - 10K me and 5K Maureen. A solid sleep with a relaxing pre-race morning with an easy 15 minute drive. We ran this race back in 2010 - it is mellow and fun and the course is challenging enough with a long (2 x 1+ miles) but gradual (2 x 130') climb

The race went well - 17 / 65 at 46:32 / 7:29 pace (6:23 / 1:02 faster than 2 years ago). Only negative was rolling my left ankle again on cracked pavement. Duh!


FRIDAY

Went with Hud to the park for some tennis and a quick hello to a pit bull (both on leash)



THURSDAY

Went with Hud to the park for some tennis

Taking a few days of mellow runs. Ran the Santa Fe Run Around 5K course - the real course. The 10K course is just the 5K twice. Nice pace of 7:23


WEDNESDAY

Went with Hud to the park for some tennis on the cold wet grass

Went back early morning to downtown and ran what I remembered to be the Santa Fe Run Around 10K course (this Saturday). Legs are tired but it took 55:42. Booo! 2 years ago I had run the race in 52:55

After I got home - according to Google maps - saw that I had run 6.8 miles. I swear I remembered the course but obviously not. Then again I get lost on simple local trails and got lost at a 10K race last year


TUESDAY

Gave Hud the day off, as promised

Got a late start to the day after a few cocktails with a buddy last night and work was busy so didn't get to run until the late afternoon. Went to Dale Ball and decided to try the new La Piedra trail to the Little Tesuque. There was a warning: "No Trail Signs Beyond This Point" - whatever


The trail was hilly until the ridiculously steep descent down to the Little Tesuque. After the descent made my way back up to the top and headed to the trailhead.

Then it turned into a Blair Witch scene as somehow I ended up back at the top of that ridiculously steep descent. I turned around and after 5 minutes ran into a guy I had passed 10 minutes before. I asked him what was going on. He said keep right and pay attention. I eventually ended back at the car

7.5 miles and 1,000'


MONDAY

Took Hud to the park for some tennis and socializing. He did see one golden and goofed around but he is ready to run away from home if I don't give him a day or more off

Work got busy so wasn't able to run until 1pm - not the best time to run in New Mexico. Got in 7.5 miles with maybe a few hundred feet of gain on the Rail trail from Eldorado out towards Lamy

Most half marathons give out finisher medals. Jemez only did to the 50M & 50K folks. So we bought our own

I bought the Day of the Dead donkey


Maureen bought the glass chilis